Did you know that Snow White was known for making Miner’s Mini Muffins for the Seven Dwarfs? According to Snow White, digging for diamonds is a full day’s work. That’s why the Seven Dwarfs always fuel up with a good breakfast before heading to the mines and these pint-size muffins are one of their favorites.
Well, this week Kristi has been on Spring Break and she and Jayla have been very busy in the kitchen. This week, Jayla and Kristi are sharing with you Snow Whites Miner’s Mini Muffins. We are always looking for something fun, yet nutritious, to feed the kids for breakfast and honestly, if they are good enough for the Seven Dwarfs, they are good enough for our kids.
Jayla slipped on her cooking apron and with Kristi’s help the baking began. One thing I immediately noticed was that not only has Jayla’s confidence in cooking improved, but so has her reading skills. For a Kindergartner, she was not having any trouble reading the instructions in The Disney Princess Cookbook. Here’s everything you need for this recipe.
INGREDIENTS: 1 Cup Flour 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar 1 TSP Baking Powder 1/4 TSP Cinnamon 1/4 TSP Salt 1 Egg 1/2 Cup Milk 2 TBSP Melted Butter 1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries
DIRECTIONS: 1. Ask an adult to help you heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease the bottom of a 24-cup mini muffin pan.
2. In a small mixing bowl, sir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a bigger bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and melted butter.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture just until all the ingredients are wet. Use a rubber spatula to gently mix the blueberries into the batter.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan until the muffin cups are about 2/3 full. (Be sure you get blueberries in each muffin.)
6. Ask an adult to help you at the oven. Place the muffin tray in the oven and bake for about 12 minutes. You an tell the muffins are done by sticking a toothpick into the center of one or two muffins. If the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are ready to take out.
7. Let the baked muffins cool in the pan for 2 or 3 minutes before turning them out on a cooling rack.
On a scale of 1-5 for easy to diffiuclt, Jayla gave the Miners’ Mini Muffins a 2. When asked why not a 1, she said she was not able to crack an egg yet.
Here are some pictures of Jayla with and her Miner’s Mini Muffins.