Ask Me Monday – Week of 11/04/13
Published November 6, 2013 by Scott Parker
1. Do you know when the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride at MK is supposed to open? At this time an exact date has not been given. It has been reported by the Disney Parks Blog that the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train cars have been dropped on the track and the family coaster is scheduled to make it’s debut in 2014.
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Cars on Track – Photo Courtesy of Disney Parks Blog
2. What’s one thing that you haven’t gotten to do yet that you are planning on doing? I’m embarrassed to say it, as we are very much beach people, but we have yet to drive over to the Atlantic Ocean since we moved here. There are many great beaches along the Atlantic in Florida and we look forward to visiting them. It is in our plans, crossing fingers for good weather, to go to the beach Thanksgiving weekend.
3. What has been your favorite thing that you’ve gotten to do that you wouldn’t of normally gotten to do if you hadn’t had moved? Since relocating to Orlando, we have had the opportunity to see friends and family that we have not seen in many years. This was one of the reasons we picked Orlando when we were looking to relocate to Florida, as everyone travels to see the mouse! Recently, my nephew was in town for business and I had not seen him in over 10 years. This was the first time that my kids and he had met and it happened at Disney! We had a great time catching up and I can’t wait for my nephew, his wife and his new born to come visit us again soon!
4. I read that you are hosting a “Meet Up” this Saturday. What is a Meet Up? You are correct, I along with a a couple of other blogs are hosting a Meet Up this Saturday, 11/9. A meet up, is very simply put, a time where groups of people with similar interest (IE. DISNEY) meet up and get to know each other. Meet Ups allow for us to come from behind our computer screens, smart phones, etc. and allow us a little bit of time to interact with each other in person. I know everyone can not make the Florida Plunge Meet Up this Saturday, but if you are going to be at Walt Disney World this weekend I hope you will find time in your schedule to stop by and say hi.
5. How do I know know which Disney resort is best? (Answered by Christine Hardenberger/Owner Magical Mouse Plans Travel) There really is no best Disney resort. They are all wonderful! Each resort offers its own unique atmosphere and amenities. The trick is to find the best resort for your vacation. You will need to consider those in your travel party, your travel style, your tastes and your budget. Your best bet is to consult a Disney travel planner who has actually experienced each resort and can give you the inside scoop on what it’s really like to stay at each location. He or she can work within your budget to help you find the perfect resort to make your Disney vacation even more magical! The best travel planners never charge a fee, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Of course, we at MMP Travel are always happy to help!