Cooking With The Disney Princess Cookbook – Abu’s Monkeybread
My daughter, Jayla, loves to help Mommy cook. Let’s face it, what 6 year old doesn’t like helping Mommy cook. Well, yesterday Jayla received what she is now calling her favorite book ever. For Christmas, she received The Disney Princess Cookbook. All Christmas day Jayla studied her new Disney Princess cookbook and after much thought she picked her first Princess dish to create for the family. Jayla, with Mommy’s help, prepared us Princess Jasmines version of Abu’s Monkey Bread!
INGREDIENTS: 3 Cups Flour 4 TSP Baking Powder 1 TSP Salt 1/3 Cup Cold Butter 1 1/4 Cup Milk 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar 1/2 Cup White Sugar 1 TSP Cinnamon 6 TBSP Melted Butter
DIRECTIONS: 1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Generously grease a nonstick fluted tube pan (Bundt Pan)
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. With a table knife, cut the butter into small pieces. Use your fingertips to pinch the butter into the flour mixture until the lumps of butter are about the size of peas. Then stir in the milk.
3. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead it for about 5 seconds. Pull of pieces of the dough and shape them ino 21/2 to 3 dozen golf ball size pieces.
4. Mix the brown sugar, white sugar, and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
5. One at a time, dip the dough balls into the melted butter, roll them in the sugar mixture, and place them in the prepared pan. Stack the balls on top of one another until the pan is full.
6. Ask an adult to help you at the oven. Bake the monkey bread for 20 to 25 minutes. You can tell if the bread is ready by sticking a toothpick into it. If the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done baking. Set the bread aside and let cook for about 10 minutes.
7. Use a small spatula to gently loosen the bread from the sides of the pan. Now it’s time to turn the Abu’s Monkey Bread out of the pan. Be sure to ask an adult for help with this step. First place a serving dish face down on top of the fluted tube pan. Next, hold the dish and pan together securely, and flip them over. Slowly lift the pan off the plate and release the monkey bread.
8. Let the bread cool slightly. The pull pieces for it, and enjoy!
Here is a picture of Jayla’s finished product!
TIP: For a delicious dessert, warm left over Abu’s Monkey Bread in the microwave and top it with a scoop of ice cream! YUM!