Cooking With The Disney Princess Cookbook – Tiger Striped Fudge
INGREDIENTS: 1/4 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips 1 (14 oz) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk 1 (11 oz) Bag of White Chocolate Chips 1 (11 oz) Bag of Butterscotch Chips 1 TSP Vanilla Extract 3 TSP Half-and-Half
DIRECTIONS: 1. Heavily grease an 8- or 9-inch square pan, then line it with parchment paper.
2. Measure the semisweet chocolate chips into a small microwavable bowl or cup. Set aside for now.
3. Ask an adult to help you at the stove. Combine the sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate chips in a nonstick frying pan. Heat over medium heat, stirring continually until the chips are completely melted.
4. Add the butterscotch chips, and turn the heat down to medium-low. Continue to heat and stir the mixture until the chips are melted. Remove the pan from the heat.
5. Add the vanilla extract, stirring until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Ask an adult to help you carefully pour the butterscotch into the prepared pan.
6. Immediately microwave the chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Stir the heated chips into a smooth sauce. The chips will not lose their shape until you do this. Quickly stir half-and-half into the melted chocolate so that it will be liquid enough to pour.
7. Drizzle spoonfuls of the melted chocolate in long lines on top of the butterscotch. Next, use the edge of a knife to swirl or crisscross the fudge a few times. Don’t overdo it, or the two colors will mix together.
9. This step is not in the book, but Jayla says to be sure you lick the bowl and spoon!
Jayla said this recipe was pretty easy and she can’t wait to make it again.
Here are some pictures of Jayla and Kristi’s fudge. As Dad, I definitely give this dessert a 10 out of 10!