Valentines Day is fast approaching and our daughter has advised us that she wants to make her friends a Valentines Day card this year and NOT buy cards from the store. Thanks to Disney Family, she then proceeded to tell us that she found the perfect Valentines Day card to make online. Here is what Jayla will be sharing with her friends on February 14, 2015.
Inspired by The Little Mermaid, Disney Family shared this DIY to make personalized Valentine Fishes.
Photo Credit: Disney Family
WHAT YOU WILL NEED: Scissors Scrapbook Paper Scraps of Red Paper Glue Stick Googly Eyes
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Print out the templates and cut out the pieces. (Note: Cutting should be done by an adult.)
2. For each fish, use the smaller of the heart templates to cut out one pair of scrapbook paper hearts for the head and a second pair from a different color or patterned paper for the tail. Use the larger template to cut out two hearts for the body.
3. Glue the two body hearts together, matching up all the edges.
4. Glue the two head hearts together in the same way, sandwiching the front end of the body between the rounded edges as shown.
5. Glue the two tail hearts together and sandwich the opposite end of the body between the tips.
6. Cut out a pair of tiny hearts from the red paper for the mouth and glue them in place on the front and flip sides of the fish. Glue a googly eye onto each side as well.
Each Valentine Fish is made entirely out of heart. Your child can choose to write a personal note or let the hearts do the talking for them.
Happy Valentines Day!