TOASTED Crafted Grilled Cheese and Burgers
I LOVE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES! And TOASTED does not disappoint. I must tell you though, this is not the grilled cheese your mama used to make. Participating in Deli Fresh Threads monthly Sandwich Eat Up, I made my wait to TOASTED to enjoy an evening of food, friendship and to celebrate a few days early National Grilled Cheese Day which takes place on April 12th. I love this monthly event as it gets me out of my normal routine and brings me through the doors of many great restaurants that I may have otherwise passed over.
Here are a few items that when tasted, made my taste buds rejoice.
1. Buffalo Chicken – Muenster, Pulled Chicken, Buffalo Sauce with Celery Stick and Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. We had this with a side of natural cut fries coated sprinkled with truffle oil and fresh rosemary.
2. Seasonal – Brie, Fresh Blueberries, Lemon Curd and Basil I have to tell you, this one was delicious.
3. Blackberry Melt – Fontina, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Blackberry Mash and Arugula. This is also a favorite.
4. Southern Comfort (For the Burger Lovers!) – Cheddar, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Homemade BBQ Sauce. This is a BIG Burger!
5. Roasted Vegetable – Jack Cheese, Confit Portobellos, Tomato Chutney, Garlic Spinach Very Tasty!!!
6. Fig & Goat – Havarti, Goat Cheese, Mission Figs, Basil and Honey (I Add Applewood Smoked Bacon) This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!
As if the above sandwiches were not enough, in honor of National Grilled Cheese Day the owner created us a special dessert. Check out this cheese wheel!
I mean RED VELVET CAKE!
This was the perfect dessert to end after a great dinner of grilled cheese sandwiches and burgers!
TOASTED is located at 1945 Aloma Ave, Winter Park, FL. Visit their website to view their menu and leave a comment below with which Grilled Cheese or Burger you’d love to try!